Enhancing our Knowledge and Expertise
Here are some of the things we have been doing within Countrywide to invest in the training and development of our people.
Retail Management Development Programme
Countrywide has teamed up with Hartpury College in Gloucestershire to offer staff retail and management development training. The programme takes just over
a year to complete and will reward each member of management that goes through it with a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Retail Management Knowledge and an NVQ Level 3 in Retail Management.
AMTRA and CPD
AMTRA qualified staff (Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority) or SQPs (Suitably Qualified Persons) are required by law to complete an extensive course and series of exams to become qualified in order to be able to sell animal medicines. We now have over 200 staff who are qualified to sell medicines to our customers.
Diploma in Nutrition
To support our direct sales team we also offer a formal Higher Education qualification in the form of a diploma in Ruminant Nutrition. The course is split into four modules and is done over 24 months:
- Ruminant Animal Production & the Feed Industry (Certificate level)
- Principles of Ruminant Nutrition (Intermediate level)
- Ration Formulation & Feeding Systems (Intermediate level)
- Recent Developments in Ruminant Nutrition (Intermediate level)
This course gives our sales staff in the field some of the necessary skills and knowledge required to undertake their role successfully.
NVQ - Level 3 in Customer Service
Our Customer Service NVQ is aimed at encouraging, developing, maintaining and continually improving our customer service. This course is a great way of formalising our customer service training and an extremely important part of our commitment in this area.
Other Areas of Investment!
- Opened new fit-for-purpose training centres in Evesham, Worcestershire and Witney, Oxfordshire.
- Accredited as an approved AMTRA examination centre at Witney.
- Over 200 staff trained to become AMTRA qualified (Animal Medicines Training Regulatory Authority).
- Countrywise Development Academy launched to support employee development.
- Substantial Product Knowledge training delivered.
- Supported staff in achieving professional qualifications.
- Invested in team building.
- Extensive Customer Service Training provided.
- Introduced specialist roles into our Retail Stores, namely Pet, Equestrian and Store Account Specialists to support our infield specialists.
- Delivered in house AMTRA courses and CPD events.
- Extensive internal Management and development training delivered.